Monday, June 14, 2010

here i am!

OK, so I know I havent been blogging much, but I can honestly say that life has been busier than normal, and it is totally getting in the way.

This past saturday was Mark's turn to be in charge of the craft market, so I figured I'd set up my stuff and see what happens. The day went fine, I got a lot of compliments and looks, but only sold one brooch and a baby sweater, so only $15 profit for myself. My arms and parts of my neck are sun burnt. Sophie ended up with hyperthermia that evening, which made for a very long night. She's been off and on since, but I think there's also some teething with the amount of drool she's putting out. She seems to be getting better now.

Last week we went down to Nanaimo for the day, and we went to Jysk and picked up a new dining room table, and a big rag rug, which I absolutely love, and put it under the new table. I keep seeing Sophie laying under the table, so I think we need to get another rug!

Last night Sophie was playing atop the stairs and threw herself off balance, and went down head first. Mark was able to leap up from where he was standing by the front door, and caught her. She didnt get hurt, besides scaring herself and us. Thank goodness. I think the whole ordeal gave me another few gray hairs. Sigh.

Not much else has been going on besides the never ending house cleaning. This afternoon was a productive one, as I got in a workout, mowed the back yard, weedwacked a bit, and did some weeding. I made an awesome smoothie and dinner tonight, and am most proud of myself. Because I rarely cook dinner. LOL.

Smoothie:
3 peeled kiwis
1 c roughly blueberry yogurt
1 tbsp honey
1 c roughly almond milk
fill to top of blender with spinach.

YUM!

Dinner:
sliced green pepper, carrot, green onion, celery, zucchini fried with braggs sauce and tahini, mix in cooked rice.

YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment