Thursday, August 26, 2010

Been a while!

And I think I have a pretty good reason for it.

Last week, I was in Alberta with Sophie and my folks, and we were visiting my granny. It was a great trip! I almost wanted it to be a bit longer, oh well.

We've been back since last saturday, and since then its been cleaning house. Every. Day. And making some lunches, and some dinners. Two mornings in a row now I've woken up exhausted, which pretty much kills any sort of plans for the early part of the day.

Right now I'm killing time before the play group at 10:30am, and getting some blogging in while Sophie watches cartoons.

Its hard to dress myself these days. I want to wear some of my funkier stuff, but also keeping an eye on the weather and being realistic about having to chase Sophie around all the time, and staying comfortable. Sometimes I'd rather just throw on some sweat pants and a grubby tshirt, but I cant leave the house like that! Its annoying anyway. Being a mom affects so much of life's little details.

Yesterday I got a chance to get to the hospital and get an ultrasound on my cysts. I was in for the new one on my leg that hurts me, and I got the tech to check the big one on my side too. Not sure if I'll hear back on the big one as it was not requested. So lets hope for good things, right? Is it sad that I almost want something to be wrong with me? Heh.

Sophie has been teething the last couple weeks. Eye teeth and molars, oh my! So she's been pretty good about it mostly, and other times she's a real... peach. She has a thing for coloring all over herself, and sucking on the markers. Yes, I was trying to wipe the blue out of her mouth earlier. Also, every day she picks up at least a new word or two, her vocab is growing rapidly. Then she'll stop what she's doing to inspect something, and I'll tell her what its called, and she takes a few minutes to say it, and poke and prod. Like at my nose. Or my eyes.

I need to get myself in gear I think, and work on some more projects, and check if my earrings are selling or not maybe.

Come on. Lets get with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment